Login

Saturday, May 23rd, 2015


Follow Us

Use the Career Center, Find a Job

Climb your career ladder.A new study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers has come up with a result that may not be entirely surprising. The NACE survey found that college seniors who use the career centers at their schools are more likely to get a job offer than those who do not.

The odds were actually pretty good for students who chose to take advantage of career counseling services: 71 percent of those students who received job offers had been to the career center, leaving only 29 percent who managed to get a job without it.

The study also discovered that the more frequently a student used the center at their school, the more likely they were to be offered a job upon graduation.

"This reinforces previous research we’ve conducted that shows a link between career center use and job-search success," said Marilyn Mackes, NACE executive director. "The message is clear: The campus career center is an important resource for student job seekers."

With headline unemployment still hovering around 10 percent, students and recent graduates should use every advantage they can get. If you just graduated, fear not – many schools have alumni services at their career centers, helping graduates network, find jobs and get career counseling.ADNFCR-3389-ID-19879117-ADNFCR

This entry was posted in Careers. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>