"Recently I went to Cape Cod with a friend and tried out my new facecard. Using it was simple and easy I didn’t have any problems. My parents could add money to it whenever I needed them to without having to remember any account usernames or passwords.
Since we were staying in a small town I was worried that I might not be able to use it everywhere, but I was definitely wrong. I used it to rent a bike, get breakfast, and many other things without problems. I took it to an ATM and got cash and checked my balance without any trouble. The facecard made the whole trip a lot easier.”
Jack Spiva, University School of Nashville
A facecard is a prepaid reloadable MasterCard that can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted. Facecard differs from a credit or a debit card because you can gift money to friends and family with ease, electronically send allowances or emergency funds, and withdraw money from ATMs worldwide. Facecard is safer than cash since you will not be liable for unauthorized transactions if your facecard is lost or stolen and if you follow the instructions for reporting a missing card outlined in your member agreement.
• Give money. Friends or family can send facecard members money from a bank account, credit card or facecard. Kids can pay back their friends by sending money to their facecards.
• Worldwide Access. Facecard is not limited to specific stores or locations. You can use your card anywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted, including online.
• Manage it from Anywhere. Check your balance, load funds, and set your preferences online.|
• Get Cash. Withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide using your facecard.
• No Debt. Because facecard is a debit card (and not a credit card), you can’t go into debt (because you can’t spend what you don’t have). If you have insufficient funds for a purchase, your facecard will be declined. However, it is possible to overdraft your facecard when using open-ended transactions (for example, car rentals, or anything where the total is unknown).
• Fiscal Responsibility. Facecard allows parents to teach young adults about money management while protecting them from financial danger. Parents can monitor spending habits, meaning there are no more surprises when the statement arrives. Parents are able to empower and assist their children with spending rather than simply control.
• Free Money. Members receive incentives (Prewards™, edÅ?Cash™) deposited directly onto their card. All members have to do is accept the offer—no points to accumulate, no coupons to clip, no hoops to jump through—just free money for using the card.
Fees & Services
Facecard offers a completely free mechanism for enrolling in the card and loading funds. Activating the card is free, and loading funds directly from a bank account, either as a one time transaction or a recurring fund transfer, are also free. Loads to a facecard completed through the ACH network are at no charge. Funds sent from your facecard to another facecard are free.
Facecard does offer additional services which have the following fees:
Fees Per Card Amount
Monthly Membership FREE
Loading funds from a bank account (via ACH) FREE
Facecard to facecard funds sharing FREE
ATM Fee $1.50
International Purchases $.50
Removal of funds from facecard $9.95
Printed and Mailed Statement $1.95
Lost / Replacement Cards $9.95
Negative Balance Fee – per Incident $9.95
Chargeback Processing $25.00
Inactive Account Fee $4.95
Check out facecard.com for more information.