It’s hard to feel thankful when you’re flat broke and out of work, but even in the darkest times there is always something to feel thankful about.
5. Beauty. Whether its art, nature or that girl in your Psych lecture… you should be thankful that beauty exists. Without it nothing would be as miraculous, wondrous, or simply pleasant to look at.
4. The little things. Even during the darkest times there are little things to make us smile. A stupid joke, a stray dog that follows you home, a smile from a stranger, if things like that exist the world can’t be all bad.
3. The fact that nothing ever stays the same. Things change. This is great news for people who are easily bored or going through a hard time. That doesn’t mean that you can’t help things change, because you can and sometimes you should. If things are already going badly why not take a risk? Try something new? What do you have to lose?
2. Family. Yeah, sometimes it’s hard to feel thankful for your family. They get on your nerves and every Thanksgiving brings a drag-down blowout. Okay, we get it. Even so, these are the people who love you, who would do anything for you. These are the people who will help you through the hard times. So apologize to your brother or sister and be thankful that you’re not alone.
1. The simple fact that you’re alive.